Study Skills-Learn how to succeed daily in school!
Studying = Success in High School
Learning in high school takes place inside AND outside the classroom. If you want to make good grades, you MUST take the time to study. (By the way, studying is not just doing your homework!) When you learn how to study, you learn how to manage your time. Here are some tips and websites that can help you:
3. Review, review, review! The Cornell Note-taking method helps you to re-write and review the notes you wrote in class in a way that helps you to learn. Try this link which helps you create FREE Cornell note paper: http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/cornelllined/
4. Find a good place to study! Take this online quiz offered on Virginia Tech's website to see if your study space is optimal.
7. LISTEN and Participate!!! Your class time is your first and best opportunity to learn what you need to know. Tune in to your teachers' lectures and lessons. Read this article to learn more about effective listening and class participation: http://www.how-to-study.com/study-skills/en/132.asp
8. Ask questions! Your teachers are your first resource for help with the things you learn in class. Your teachers offer afterschooltutorial every Tuesday and Thursday 3:30-4:40pm.
9. Think you've got it all covered? Complete this study skills checklist from Virginia Tech to be certain that you are studying effectively.